Now, it is easy to argue that the government has simply become much more prolabor and that all of these regulations boost workers' rights. That may be true, but all of that is being sacrificed upon an altar that makes starting a new business too hard to do in the first place. You want to protect workers, but first you have to be able to create a company that can hire those workers, and the rules have simply become too difficult to follow. I know this all too well, not just from the companies in interview, but from the inn and restaurant I own -- two new developments that have emerged since I first sat across from Larry.
I could tell Larry was pleased with my evolution toward his position, even as I sure wish I hadn't needed to evolve at all. And, with that, we smacked fists, as we always did every night on Kudlow & Cramer, and bid each other a fond goodbye. Larry is now embarking on his next chapter of spreading patriotism, optimism and much-needed civility into an American polity starved for all three.
At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, had no positions in the securities mentioned.
Editor's Note: This article was originally published at 7:05 a.m. EDT on Real Money on March 28.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV