Of course, the simple calculation doesn't include WhatsApp's growth. WhatsApp is adding users at the rate of a million per day, faster than BlackBerry.
Other traders see positives in BlackBerry's security platform. Just yesterday, the National Institute of Standards and Technology approved BlackBerry's BES10 secure mobile workspace for use by the U.S. and Canadian governments.
$BBRY Nobody can touch us from a mobile enterprise solutions or come close -- leadbelly (@leadbelly) Mar. 28 at 08:44 AMStill, the company has work to do. Lower costs are only half of the equation. Chen must prove that BlackBerry's brand can survive competition with Google (GOOG) Droid phones, Apple iPhones (AAPL) and Microsoft (MSFT) Windows devices. Cashtaggers say give him time.
$BBRY Chen brought on board 4 and a half months ago. Give him some time to get this turned around. Do not bet on ER... -- Syntec Ventures (@SyntecVentures) Mar. 28 at 08:51 AMAt the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV