NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- SolarCity (SCTY) was upgraded to "outperform" from "marketperform" in a note published by Raymond James on Friday. The firm also raised the price target for the solar energy provider to $75. SolarCity shares are up 5.37% to 64.00.
The analysts point to a recent pullback of 30% after the stock reached its high in late February as an "enticing" reason to get in on the stock now. "Of course we can't promise that the stock's recovery from this recent correction will be as quick as last fall's six weeks, but there is a potentially impactful near-term catalyst," Raymond James said.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
"SolarCity's position as the top non-utility downstream pure-play in the U.S. market is secure, and further market share gains (not assumed in our model) would be an 'icing on the cake' scenario," the note added.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$8.43 million or 113.02% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for SOLARCITY CORP is rather low; currently it is at 20.82%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 56.43% has significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.08 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, SCTY has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 1.89, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- SOLARCITY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SOLARCITY CORP reported poor results of -$0.75 versus -$0.56 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 239.3% in earnings (-$2.55 versus -$0.75).
- Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, SOLARCITY CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SCTY Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV