Before the bell Friday, shares are up 9.7% to $69.99.
The home furnishings retailer said it expects earnings of 9 cents to 11 cents a share for its current quarter ending April. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected 7 cents a share.
Net income is expected between $3.7 million and $4.5 million, higher than estimates of $2.63 million.In its fourth quarter, the Corte Madera, Calif.-based business recorded net income of 83 cents a share, in line with estimates, and sales 18.5% higher year over year to $471.69 million. Analysts had expected revenue slightly higher to $493.09 million. In a statement CEO Gary Friedman said the results were especially positive due to a "tougher-than-anticipated holiday-selling season and the impact of weather on our retail business." Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates RESTORATION HARDWARE HLDNGS as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate RESTORATION HARDWARE HLDNGS (RH) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RH Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV