Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume: Endocyte (ECYT)
- ECYT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $70.9 million.
- ECYT traded 338,093 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:06 AM, representing 10.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ECYT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ECYT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ECYT: Endocyte, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, develops targeted therapies for the treatment of cancer and inflammatory diseases. The company uses its proprietary technology to create novel small molecule drug conjugates (SMDCs) and companion imaging diagnostics. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Endocyte a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Endocyte has been 967,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Endocyte has a market cap of $983.8 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.21 and a short float of 16.4% with 1.74 days to cover. Shares are up 135.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Endocyte as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ENDOCYTE INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENDOCYTE INC reported poor results of -$0.50 versus -$0.47 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 8.0% in earnings (-$0.54 versus -$0.50).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 241.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.85 million to -$2.90 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, ENDOCYTE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ECYT's share price has jumped by 51.08%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in ECYT do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- You can view the full Endocyte Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts