AKRON, Ohio, March 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NASDAQ: GT) announced today that all of the outstanding shares of its 5.875% mandatory convertible preferred stock ("Preferred Stock;" NASDAQ: GTPPP) will convert to shares of Goodyear common stock ("Common Stock") effective at the close of business on April 1, 2014 ("Mandatory Conversion Date").
On the Mandatory Conversion Date, each share of Preferred Stock, unless previously converted, will automatically convert into 2.7574 shares of Common Stock. The number of shares of Common Stock issuable on the Mandatory Conversion Date was determined based on the average of the volume weighted average price per share of the company's Common Stock over the 20-trading day period ending on March 27, 2014 and in accordance with customary anti-dilution adjustments in relation to cash dividends that were paid on the Common Stock, consistent with the terms of the Preferred Stock Designation included in the company's Articles of Incorporation. In lieu of any fractional share of Common Stock, the company will pay an amount in cash determined in accordance with the Preferred Stock Designation. In addition, a dividend of 73.44 cents per share of Preferred Stock is payable in cash to shareholders who present the Preferred Stock for mandatory conversion.
From and after the Mandatory Conversion Date, shares of the Preferred Stock not previously converted will be deemed to be no longer outstanding and dividends on the Preferred Stock will cease to accrue and accumulate. All rights of the holders with respect to such Preferred Stock will terminate, except for the right to receive the number of whole shares of Common Stock issuable upon mandatory conversion of the Preferred Stock, accrued and unpaid dividends, and cash in lieu of any fractional shares of Common Stock, as described above.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV