5 car maintenance services you can get for free
We get a lot of pitches at Get Rich Slowly. Despite the underlying marketing agenda, sometimes these pitches contain useful information that is worth sharing. Case in point, Pep Boys emailed us a whole array of free services they offer. My ears perked up for a few reasons:
- I was impressed with just how many services they offer.
- It made me wonder about other places that offer free car maintenance services.
- A Pep Boys shop just opened downstairs from my building (selfish, sorry).
Not every city has a Pep Boys store, I know. But there are a handful of other places that offer free services too. At any rate, I thought I'd find out more and put together a list.
Tire repair & rotation
Stacey Hamilton is manager of Pep Boys' Services Sales and Operations. She told me, "Our free tire repair is probably our most popular service."When I lived in Texas, I bought my tires from Discount Tire. The few times I got a nail stuck in them or something, I'd take my car to Discount, where they'd repair it at no cost since I was a customer. Pep Boys will do the same thing for free, customer or not. Good to know if your tire is losing air and there's a store nearby. Same story for tire rotation. Many places from which you buy your tires will rotate them for free. You can get this done for free at Pep Boys too. Also, if you're a Sam's Club member, your membership includes free flat repair. Windshield wiper installation "Windshield wiper installation is also popular," Hamilton said. I asked what the catch was. "You have to buy the wipers at Pep Boys, right?" "There's no purchase necessary, ever," she told me. Most places, including AutoZone, O'Reilly and Advance Auto Parts will also replace your wiper blades for free if you buy them at their store. Really, if you buy wiper blades, chances are the place you're buying them from will put them on for you at no cost.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV