HOUSTON, March 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Goodrich Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: GDP) today announced the passing of its Chairman-Emeritus Henry Goodrich at 83 years old. Henry was a cherished, founding member of the Board of Directors since 1995.
Henry was a pioneer in the state of Louisiana oil and gas industry. He began his career in 1950 with Union Producing Company and later formed and operated Goodrich Oil Company from 1975 to 1995, building it into a prominent independent exploration and production company. In addition to his business success, he was very involved and influential in government policy as it dealt with the energy industry as well as many charitable causes. He served as President of the Louisiana Association of Independent Producers and Royalty Owners (LAIPRO) and was a member of the LSU Alumni Hall of Distinction, LSU Alumni Federation and the Board of Trustees of Rhodes College.
Although we mourn our loss with Henry's passing, we celebrate his life, as a passionate, caring, genuine, generous man who enjoyed life to the fullest. He will be greatly missed by his family, fellow Board members, employees, friends and acquaintances, as Henry was beloved by all that had the privilege of knowing him.
Goodrich Petroleum Corporation is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company listed on the New York Stock Exchange.SOURCE Goodrich Petroleum Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV