PHOENIX, March 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Boulder Canyon Foods has been named a winner of Prevention's 2014 Cleanest Packaged Food Awards in the "Snacks" category, for the brand's Avocado Oil Canyon Cut™ potato chips that list just three ingredients, including potatoes, avocado oil and sea salt. The annual awards feature the best, healthiest, and cleanest boxed and bagged foods, with winning products meeting strict criteria, including:
- Must not contain GMO ingredients.
- Contain no more than 10 grams of added sugar
- Have less than 200 mg of sodium per serving (or 400 mg for meals)
- Come in cans free of BPA
- All fish must be sustainable, according to Monterey Bay Aquarium seafood criteria
- All foods had to be absolutely delicious
"At Boulder Canyon Foods we believe that great tasting snacks begin with real food ingredients that are minimally-processed," said Steve Sklar, senior vice president and general manager for Inventure Foods, Inc. "We believe our Avocado Oil Canyon Cut kettle chips represent the perfect real food snack and we're thrilled to see them on such a select list by a publication like Prevention magazine which we value greatly."
Avocado Oil Canyon Cut potato chips are kettle-cooked, ridged potato chips providing a delicious crunch with just three ingredients: potatoes, avocado oil and sea salt. Avocado oil adds a boost of Calcium (10 percent) and is made up of monounsaturated fats that are generally considered healthier dietary options compared to oils with trans fats. Available at major grocery and health food stores nationwide in 5.25-ounce and six-ounce bags, the SRP is $2.99-3.29, respectively.
Like all Boulder Canyon snacks, Avocado Oil Canyon Cut chips feature only the finest ingredients and contain no trans fats, no cholesterol and no MSG. In addition, they are gluten free, Kosher certified and Non-GMO Project verified. These unique canyon cut chips are thickly sliced and kettle-cooked in small batches to provide a heartier crunch and a 30 percent reduction in fat when compared to traditional continuous-cooking methods.The full list of Prevention's 2014 Cleanest Packaged Food Award winners can be found in the March issue of Prevention and online at Prevention.com/Clean2014. Boulder Canyon™ Foods is a member of the Inventure Foods (Nasdaq:SNAK) family of Intensely Different™ specialty brands. The Company's better-for-you and indulgent food brands include Boulder Canyon Foods™, Jamba®, Seattle's Best Coffee®, Rader Farms®, T.G.I. Friday's®, Nathan's Famous®, Vidalia Brands ™, Poore Brothers®, Tato Skins®, Willamette Valley Fruit Company ™, Fresh Frozen ™ and Bob's Texas Style®. For further information about Inventure Foods' specialty snack brands, visit www.inventurefoods.com. SOURCE Inventure Foods
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV