For the fourth quarter, the Rochester-based company's revenue declined 5% year over year to $5.2 million from $5.4 million. Adjusted EBIDTA was a loss of $0.8 million, compared to a loss of $0.3 million in the same period one year earlier.
Total operating expenses increased 19% year over year to $7.7 million from $6.5 million, thanks in part to a $1.1 million increase in depreciation and amortization to $1.3 million and a $0.4 million increase in professional fees to $0.9 million. DSS' acquisition of Lexington Technology Group helped cause the depreciation and amortization increase, while the company's Technology Management division fueled the increase in professional fees.
Net loss narrowed to $0.8 million, or 2 cents per basic and diluted share, compared to a net loss of $1.1 million, or 5 cents per basic and diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2012.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV