ARMONK, N.Y., March 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it has been named the market share leader in the big data market for the second consecutive year, according to Wikibon's Big Data Vendor Revenue and Market Forecast report. IBM again ranks number one ahead of more than 70 vendors considered in the research.
According to the report, IBM released several Big Data technology innovations in 2013 that uniquely differentiated itself to help meet growing client demand, including PureData System for Hadoop, BLU Acceleration, BigInsights and the Watson Developer Cloud. IBM also acquired SoftLayer, which will play an important role in its strategy of delivering Big Data from the cloud.
"Big Data is emerging as the world's most valuable resource for competitive advantage, and analytics is the key to making sense of it," said Bob Picciano, Senior Vice President, Information and Analytics Group, IBM. "Today's news underscores IBM's leadership in helping line of business leaders gain actionable insights from their information assets that allow them to make real-time decisions, predict trends and be more competitive in their markets."
IBM's BigInsights and BLU Acceleration software were also cited for vendor achievements in better integration of big data frameworks with data management infrastructure. These solutions enable enterprises of all sizes to cost effectively manage and analyze the volume, variety and velocity of big data that businesses create every day.The Wikibon report cited the following growth drivers for 2013:
- Vendors improved how they articulate products, services and strategies for big data, improving buyer confidence.
- Big data products/services themselves continue to mature, fueling further adoption.
- Increase in partnerships and reseller agreements
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV