NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Neptune Technologies (NEPT) rose 10.71% to $2.48 at 3:10 p.m. on Thursday after the company announced the reconstruction of its Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada facility would conclude on April 7.
The life sciences company is in the process of conducting equipment and safety tests at the location and training employees. Neptune will conduct pre-operational testing in early April and production will begin once Neptune receives all outstanding permits.
The plant will have the capacity to produce more than 150 metric tons of krill oil each year. It also has enough space to double production capacity depending on demand.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV