Updated from 1:24 p.m to include number of Office users, and cost of Office for iPad.
At an event in San Francisco, where Nadella discussed the intersection of cloud and mobile, the new CEO announced Office would be coming to Apple's popular tablet, making it the first time Office has been on a tablet other than the Microsoft Surface.
"Everything that we do gowing forward, is grounded in this world view -- the world of ubiquitous computing," Nadella said during the press conference. "The world in the next five, 10 years will not be defined in the form factors that we know and love today, but new ones. It will make computing ubiquitous."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV