By early afternoon, shares had climbed 11.7% to $38.56.
In the three months to January, the consumer electronics and homewares retailer generated revenue of $361.14 million, a 44.3% year-over-year increase, but slightly short of $362.86 million analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast. Same-store sales jumped 33.4%.
Adjusted net income of 74 cents a share grew 37% from the year-ago quarter. Analysts had expected slightly higher earnings of 78 cents a share.Over fiscal 2015 ending January, management reaffirmed unadjusted earnings guidance of $3.40 to $3.70 a share. Analysts had forecast $3.49 a share. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. "Fiscal 2015 same store sales are expected to increase 5% to 10%, down from 27% in fiscal 2014, as comparisons will become progressively more difficult. Same store sales in the current quarter to date increased about 15%," said CEO Theodore Wright in a statement. TheStreet Ratings team rates CONN'S INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate CONN'S INC (CONN) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and weak operating cash flow."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CONN Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV