NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Spherix Inc.
(SPEX) were down 23% to $3.45 in trading Thursday. The drop comes on the heels of the news that the intellectual property purchasing company was moving forward with its lawsuit against Cisco Inc.
The lawsuit alleges that the majority of Cisco's revenues from routing and switching --$43 billion since March 2008, $9 billion in 2013 -- can be attributed to 11 patents that Spherix bought from Canadian tech company Nortel Networks Corp. (NRTLQ) in December 2013. Nortel declared bankruptcy in 2008.
Shares of Cisco were down 0.7% to 22.17 in trading Thursday, while Nortel's stock was up 2.9% to $0.0072
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV