GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas, March 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE:SIX), the world's largest regional theme park company, is continuing its partnership with Operation Homefront by making a $100,000 ticket donation, in recognition of April as "The Month of the Military Child."
"In appreciation for the incredible service and sacrifice made by our U.S. military members and their families, Six Flags is proud to host military families for a day full of fun and thrills at Six Flags parks," said Jim Reid-Anderson, chairman, president and chief executive officer.
"Six Flags is a great place for families, and over the years they've been very generous in inviting the military families we serve to enjoy all the attractions their parks have to offer," said Tim Farrell, Chief Operating Officer for Operation Homefront. "This donation is a wonderful opportunity for the moms and dads who serve our country to have a great time with their kids."
Six Flags has a long history of supporting military personnel and their families by offering complimentary and discounted admission to its parks. The company also hosts special military appreciation days in the month of July, and in 2013, as part of its "Salute to Heroes" week, it worked with Operation Homefront and Discover® to reunite a military mom and her family. The company will announce new initiatives with Operation Homefront later this spring.About Six Flags EntertainmentSix Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest regional theme park company with $1.1 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 53 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com. SOURCE Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV