Canaccord downgraded Abraxas to "hold" from "buy," though it raised its price target for the company to $4.25 from $4. The downgrade was due to a valuation call.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 323.07% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 66.23% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AXAS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, ABRAXAS PETROLEUM CORP/NV's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 327.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$11.87 million to $27.00 million.
- ABRAXAS PETROLEUM CORP/NV reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ABRAXAS PETROLEUM CORP/NV turned its bottom line around by earning $0.41 versus -$0.20 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 24.4% in earnings ($0.31 versus $0.41).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AXAS Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV