The security software announced that it was selected as the winning bidder for contracts totaling more than $25 million. SuperCom did not say which government customers the contracts come from.. Most fo the revenue from the contracts will be seen in 2014.
"We are very pleased that we are starting to realize the potential of our vast and growing pipeline," SuperCom president and CEO Arie Trabelsi said in a statement. "These type of contracts, as we have seen in the past, has the potential to lead to long-term relationships and additional orders in future."
SuperCom also announced its yearly results for 2013 Thursday. The company reported earnings of 70 cents a share for the year, up from 59 cents a share in 2012. Revenue fell 1.3% from 2012 to $8.8 million.Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates SUPERCOM LTD as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate SUPERCOM LTD (SPCB) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, SUPERCOM LTD's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 252.94% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 492.59% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SPCB should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- SUPERCOM LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, SUPERCOM LTD increased its bottom line by earning $0.64 versus $0.21 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income increased by 191.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.51 million to $1.49 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SPCB Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV