NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Seanergy Maritime (SHIP) soared more than 26% to $2.14 at 11:23 a.m. on Thursday after the company reported its fourth-quarter earnings and posted its first profitable year since 2010.
Seanergy recorded net income of $7.5 million, or 62 cents per basic and diluted share, up from a loss of $117 million, or $9.79 per basic and diluted share, in the same period one year earlier. Adjusted net income totaled $0.5 million, compared to an adjusted net loss of $8 million in the fourth quarter of the fiscal year 2012.
Revenue declined 25% year over year to $6.3 million.
Seanergy's Time Charter Equivalent increased 7% in the full fiscal year to $8,006 from $7,465 in 2012. Full-year net revenue dropped 58% to $23.1 million, as the company owned an average of 17.6 vessels in 2012 but just an average of 6.2 vessels in 2013.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV