Westmoreland Coal Co Stock Downgraded (WLB)
- The gross profit margin for WESTMORELAND COAL CO is rather low; currently it is at 20.39%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -2.75% trails that of the industry average.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has significantly decreased by 32.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$3.62 million to -$4.79 million.
- WESTMORELAND COAL CO's earnings per share declined by 28.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WESTMORELAND COAL CO continued to lose money by earning -$0.43 versus -$0.63 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 11.6% in earnings (-$0.48 versus -$0.43).
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, WLB's share price has jumped by 150.08%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in WLB do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 50.37% to $22.25 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WESTMORELAND COAL CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.14%.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.