Shares of Dish were gaining 1.3% to $62.89.
"They have the satellite and we have the network that we can collaborate on. We are looking at a technology alliance and we are doing some tests together," Sprint chairman and SoftBank CEO Masyoshi Son told Reuters.
Son recently said the U.S. wireless market is plagued by slow speeds and high prices, saying Sprint could help change the industry. The carrier wouldn't be able to make those changes alone in its current position, however.Sprint was recently looking into merging with T-Mobile (TMUS) to improve its position in the market. Those plans never resulted in a bid for the rival carrier due to the response of regulatory agencies such as the FCC which signaled it would not approve such a deal. Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV