As you probably can guess, I purchased the notes while others were full of fear.
To this day, that was my most profitable bond trade. I also traded shares/options of BP, Halliburton and Transocean, but my best risk vs. reward gains came from BP bonds. Fear of Herbalife collapsing has created favorable setups in options. In Real Money Pro, I posted a strategy using options.
Risk during the gulf spill was over-stated with BP and it's no different this time with Herbalife.
There are many network marketing companies operating in the United States. The largest companies include Amway, Avon (AVP), Berkshire Hathaway's (BRK.B) Pampered Chef, Nu Skin (NUS). They're not going away and they shouldn't.
Herbalife and the above-mentioned companies have global revenue streams. They primarily sell products, and while recruitment may result in a net gain, it's a sideline. Distributors buying products isn't a negative, much less evidence of wrongdoing; it demonstrates their confidence in the product and company.
In other words, it's one of my favorite covered call setups. Heads I win, tails I break even. Of course, I can lose, and any investment includes risk, but I'm more worried about a market crash causing a loss than Herbalife closing its doors. At the time of publication, Weinstein had no positions in securities mentioned. Follow @RobertWeinstein This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV