BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Stocks are looking frothy as we head into the final stretch of March. That ratchets the chances of a meaningful correction a few notches higher this week.
Yesterday, stocks opened higher, only to fade over the course of the session for a 0.7% lower close in the S&P 500 -- and more than double that decline in the Nasdaq Composite. That's the second straight notable intraday drag lower and a big indication that sellers are gaining the advantage in their battle with buyers. The line in the sand comes in at 1,840 in the S&P; if it gets taken out, then it's time to expect a more substantial correction into April.But don't forget: For a correction lower to be a correction, we've got to be in a bull market. The primary trend is still unquestionably pointing up -- and while most names are likely to get knocked lower when the broad market retraces, some names look better braced for impact than others. In fact, some big-name stocks look ready to start rallying again. >>5 Stocks With Big Insider Buying So today, we're taking a technical look at five names worth trading this week. If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. >>5 Rocket Stocks to Buy This Week Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV