RALEIGH, N.C., March 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- BB&T Insurance Services, the sixth largest broker in the U.S. and the world, today said it will expand its presence on the Carolina coasts with the acquisition of Woodbury & Co. of Wilmington, N.C., and Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Woodbury & Co. provides commercial property and casualty; employee benefits; individual life and health; personal lines; and professional liability protection to businesses and individuals throughout the Carolinas. The agency has more than 50 employees.
The transaction is scheduled to be completed April 1. Terms were not disclosed.
"We could not be more pleased to welcome one of the oldest and most highly regarded agencies in the Southeast to our team," said BB&T Insurance Holdings Chairman and CEO Wade Reece. "This will be a great combination and great addition to our Carolinas franchise given Woodbury's well-known reputation for insurance and risk management expertise, and superior client service."Woodbury & Co. was founded in 1932 by Louie E. Woodbury Jr. The agency's top two leaders, President Eugene Woodbury and Commercial Lines Manager Carolyn Finley, have been with the company for more than 50 years and will be welcomed additions to the BB&T Insurance Services management team. "BB&T Insurance is known to treat its clients, employees and communities very well, which matches up perfectly with our culture," Woodbury said. "By becoming part of BB&T Insurance, not only will our clients enjoy the benefit of market clout, added services and a relationship with the sixth largest insurance broker in the United States and the world, they will continue to be taken care of by the same people they've trusted for years." Woodbury's commercial lines staff has expertise in multiple industries, including construction, habitational, trucking, manufacturing, medical, financial institutions, hospitality, and inland and ocean marine.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV