NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Coverage of King Digital Entertainment
(KING) stock was initiated by Stern Agee with a "neutral" rating on Thursday.
Stern Agee noted the success of King's flagship game, Candy Crush Saga, while stating that the video game maker needed to diversify in the future -- including mobile platforms -- to build on its early success.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
"With King's tent-pole title, Candy Crush Saga, which represented 78% of 4Q bookings, already tracking 20% below peak-booking levels reached in July 2013, the company's future growth will depend on its ability to diversify. Farm Heroes Saga, which released on the iOS/Android platforms in January, has been gaining momentum and could prove critical to growth. The key to the stock in the near term, will be the decay rate of Candy Crush and; growth in Farm Heroes Saga." Sterne Agee said.
King Digital had its initial public offering on Wednesday, setting its share price at $22.50. The stock closed down at $19 on its opening market day.
"Scenarios suggest KING shares could be valued in the range of $13 to $32 based on various growth assumptions for bookings and adjusted EBITDA, and based on a range of multiples," the note said.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV