Albany Molecular Research (AMRI) Showing Signs Of A Dead Cat Bounce Today
- AMRI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.8 million.
- AMRI has traded 184,346 shares today.
- AMRI is up 4.6% today.
- AMRI was down 5.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMRI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMRI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMRI: Albany Molecular Research, Inc., a contract research and manufacturing organization, offers drug discovery, development, and manufacturing services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the United States, Europe, and Asia. AMRI has a PE ratio of 48.9. Currently there are no analysts that rate Albany Molecular Research a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Albany Molecular Research has been 541,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Albany Molecular Research has a market cap of $597.4 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.08 and a short float of 20.8% with 4.75 days to cover. Shares are up 73.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Albany Molecular Research as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 100.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 88.72% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AMRI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ALBANY MOLECULAR RESH INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ALBANY MOLECULAR RESH INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.40 versus -$0.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.77 versus $0.40).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry. The net income increased by 134.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.92 million to $4.49 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.50, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.38, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Albany Molecular Research Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts