NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Stock coverage of Extreme Networks Inc. (EXTR - Get Report) was initiated by Raymond James with a rating of "outperform" and a price target of $8 on Thursday. Extreme Network's shares were up 0.27% to 5.55 Thursday morning.
Raymond James noted recent acquisitions and partnerships with different companies as the reason for the upgrade.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
- EXTR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 96.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, EXTR's share price has jumped by 65.34%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for EXTREME NETWORKS INC is rather high; currently it is at 59.49%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -10.77% is in-line with the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, EXTREME NETWORKS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$6.79 million or 762.82% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: EXTR Ratings Report