TORRANCE, Calif., March 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Nine nonprofits ready to serve their communities will gather today to celebrate the 2013 100 Cars for Good philanthropy program. The charities will use their nine vehicles (seven Siennas and two Tundras) won through the program's public voting to transport people, food and even musical instruments. Those same instruments will help veterans and at-risk youth find confidence and friendship through music education and performances, thanks to The Rock Club and Rock for Vets.
"These individuals are all struggling, but when you put them together, it's something amazing," said Frank McIlquham, founder and director of The Rock Club and Rock for Vets. "To win the Sienna is an honor and a one-in-a-million opportunity. We can move equipment, reach more people and perform further away – we can't wait to get started."
The nine organizations at Toyota's headquarters today will showcase a slice of the many diverse causes selected by online voters every day between Oct. 1 and Nov. 19.
- A New Way of Life ( Los Angeles): A re-entry program for formerly incarcerated women in South Central LA to support successful transitions back to the community (Sienna).
- Green Vets Los Angeles ( Calabasas, Calif.): A vocational rehabilitation program that provides job training for veterans (Sienna).
- Honoring Our Fallen ( Cypress, Calif.): An organization that provides direct support to families of fallen military members (Sienna).
- House of Ruth ( Pomona, Calif.) A group that assists families victimized by domestic violence (Sienna).
- Mojave Desert Animal Rescue ( Apple Valley, Calif.): A pet food bank and resource center for homeless pet owners (Tundra).
- New Directions for Veterans ( Los Angeles): A resource organization for veterans and their families (Sienna).
- Operation Gratitude ( Van Nuys, Calif.): A group that sends care packages to military members, their families, veterans, caregivers and first responders (Tundra).
- Santa Clarita Valley Committee on Aging ( Santa Clarita, Calif.): A senior center that provides meals, transportation and other assistance (Sienna).
- The Rock Club and Rock For Vets ( Signal Hill, Calif.): A musical education group for at-risk kids and veterans (Sienna).
Winning nonprofits chose among the Toyota Highlander, Prius, Sienna, Sienna Mobility or Tundra, which come with a six-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty from Toyota Financial Services. To see the full list of winners, visit www.100carsforgood.com.For Los Angeles-based A New Way of Life, passengers in the new Sienna will include women recently released from prison headed to a safe home, appointments and interviews to build new, productive lives. "On behalf of A New Way of Life Reentry Project and the women we serve, I am so pleased to receive a Sienna to transport our women and children comfortably and safely," said Susan Burton, founder and director. "Toyota 100 Cars for Good, thank you for making this possible, and thank you to all those who were inspired enough by our mission to vote for us." Hundreds of Toyota associates will attend today's event, along with Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (TMS) CEO and President Kazuo Ohara. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet and learn about the local charities and are encouraged to get involved with causes that move them. "Meeting these inspiring organizations brings to life the real impact these Toyota vehicles will have in communities right in our own backyard," said Michael Rouse, vice president of diversity, philanthropy and community affairs for Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. "We are proud that 100 Cars for Good will help these community leaders and the other 91 winning nonprofits around the country reach new heights. There's no better way to finish off the third year of this successful philanthropy program." Since 100 Cars for Good began in 2011, Toyota has provided 300 vehicles to voter-selected organizations and nearly $1 million to the 950 organizations who were runners-up. To learn more about 100 Cars for Good, visit www.100carsforgood.com. About Toyota Toyota (NYSE:TM), the world's top automaker and creator of the Prius, is committed to building vehicles for the way people live through our Toyota, Lexus and Scion brands. Over the past 50 years, we've built more than 25 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 40,000 people (more than 32,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (1,500 in the U.S.) sold more than 2.5 million cars and trucks (more than 2.2 million in the U.S.) in 2013 – and about 80 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 20 years are still on the road today. Toyota partners with philanthropic organizations across the country, with a focus on education, safety and the environment. As part of this commitment, we share the company's extensive know-how garnered from building great cars and trucks to help community organizations and other nonprofits expand their ability to do good. For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyotanewsroom.com. About Toyota Financial Services (TFS) Toyota Financial Services (TFS) is the finance and insurance brand for Toyota and Lexus in North America. The TFS affiliate in the United States offers retail auto financing and leasing through Toyota Motor Credit Corporation and Toyota Lease Trust and extended service contracts and other payment protection products through Toyota Motor Insurance Services. The Canadian affiliate serves the same need in Canada. TFS employs over 3,300 associates in North America and has managed assets totaling more than $91 billion. TFS is part of a worldwide network of comprehensive financial services offered by Toyota Financial Services Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation. For more information about TFS in the United States, visit www.toyotafinancial.com. For information more about TFS in Canada, visit www.toyota.ca and click on "Company Information" to access the TFS site. Media Contact: Rebecca Lee GolinHarris for Toyota 213-438-8827 email@example.com SOURCE Toyota
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts