ATLANTA, March 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Through guest and hotel owner insights, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)], one of the world's leading global hotel companies, today announced the next evolution of the prototype for its Holiday Inn Express® brand. Developed for the brand's portfolio of hotels in the U.S. and Canada, the updated prototype design is designed to further position the Holiday Inn Express brand as the "smart" choice for guests and owners.
This next generation prototype is expected to deliver even better on meeting guests' changing needs, and driving value for owners. Over the past 14 years, the Holiday Inn Express brand has become one of the largest and fastest-growing hotel brands in the industry. The newly-evolved prototype will build on this successful track record and accelerate growth in the key markets where our target guests travel.
"Our guests are at the heart of what we do, and the updates we've made to our already successful prototype design are deeply rooted in guest insight," said Jennifer Gribble, Director, Head of Americas Holiday Inn Express Brand, IHG. "The Holiday Inn Express® brand target guest travels for both business and leisure, values efficiency and simplicity, and wants a great 'base camp' when they travel, and the updated prototype includes purposeful design features to deliver on those needs."The Holiday Inn Express brand worked with an owner advisory board, conducted focus groups with guests, and completed competitive analysis and research to develop the updates to its prototype design. It embodies an appealing combination of fresh, dynamic, and focused design features that enable an efficient and engaging stay, creating a distinctive style that is evident at every touch point of the Holiday Inn Express brand experience. The guest room provides a revitalized, contemporary space with comforts and features that allow guests to be productive during their stay and allow for a great night's sleep including:
- Functional and flexible work space allowing for maximum productivity
- Functional storage units providing horizontal luggage storage that allows guests to maximize their space
- Moveable seating allowing guests to use the space in ways that work best for them
- New decor for both the guest room and public area feature neutral colors and interesting textural combinations
- An inviting and flexible space featuring a business center and 24/7 market
- Individual check-in pods in the front lobby of the hotel increases interaction between hotel staff and guests. In addition, staff members at check-in pods have a view of the entire great room, enabling responsive service when needed
- Stylish and welcoming areas conveying spacious, comfortable seating with a dedicated area for the Holiday Inn Express brand's Express Start™ breakfast bar
- Meeting space that is businesslike and uncluttered, utilizing both functional and natural light