LOUISVILLE, Ky., March 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- At the 2014 Mid-America Trucking Show this week, Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE: DAN) will exhibit a wide range of drivetrain and engine technologies that help make commercial vehicles more fuel-efficient, reliable, productive, and cost-effective over the long term.
Dana will showcase numerous offerings for commercial vehicles in booth 30455, including:
- new, lighter weight Spicer ® steer axles that provide improved braking capabilities;
- the Spicer ® AdvanTEK ® 40 axle, a new, efficient 40,000-pound tandem axle that offers the industry's fastest axle ratio of 2.26:1;
- the Spicer ® EconoTrek™ 6x2 tandem axle, which is now available for 2014 Peterbilt and Kenworth commercial vehicles;
- two extensions to the Spicer ® S140 Series of single-reduction, single-drive axles;
- the Spicer ® Pro-40™ tandem axle specifically engineered for professional linehaul, regional haul, and city delivery customers;
- robust Spicer Life Series ® main driveshafts and inter-axle shafts for high-efficiency drivetrain configurations;
- the Spicer ® Diamond Series ® driveshaft, the first all-aluminum driveshaft, which helps to reduce weight by 100 pounds;
- optimized Spicer ® tire pressure system options for linehaul tractors;
- next-generation Victocor™ 500 cylinder-head gaskets, featuring multi-layer steel (MLS) inserts that meet extreme durability, high-stress, and pressure requirements; and
- a new Spicer Heavy Axle Steering Components All-Makes product line with complete coverage for all Spicer steer axles, including knuckles, steer arms, crosslink assemblies, beams, and whole axle assemblies.
"The Mid-America Trucking Show draws more than 80,000 key players in the commercial-vehicle industry from all across North America, so it is an excellent opportunity for Dana to demonstrate our full selection of advanced drivetrain technologies," said Pat D'Eramo, president of Dana Commercial Vehicle Driveline Technologies. "With many new drivetrain solutions supported by our ongoing commitment to research and development, Dana has the broad product line and engineering expertise needed by original-equipment manufacturers and fleets to get the most pay out of their loads."
New Spicer ® Steer Axles Dana will present two new steer axle designs engineered for reduced weight and increased reliability. New Spicer E-Series steer axles feature a steel-forged beam design that reduces axle weight by up to 35 pounds while still delivering the strength and torsional stiffness needed for superior vehicle braking response. Available in the first half of 2015, they are targeted for on-highway, city delivery, and bus chassis applications with gross axle weight ratings from 10,000 to 13,200 pounds.Also, a new family of Spicer D-Series steer axles for applications with gross axle weight ratings from 10,000 to 14,600 pounds features an integrated air disc brake (IADB) knuckle that allows fleets to specify air disc brakes without a net increase in weight over most S-cam drum brake axle systems. These axles enable improved vehicle stopping power and reduced maintenance without the added weight that typically results from specifying air disc brakes.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts