NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com), the global data and IP services arm of Fortune Global 500 telecom leader NTT (NYSE: NTT), announced today that it has been named as one of the top two global wholesale IP providers of 2013, according to new data by Renesys, a leading independent research firm. For the second year running, the company took one of the top two spots in an influential 2013 global ranking of leading wholesale IP providers, consolidating NTT Com’s dominance of an increasingly competitive market and highlighting its resolve to continue investing in new infrastructure and technology around the world.
Commenting on the performance, Michael Wheeler, executive vice president of NTT Communications’ Global IP Network at NTT America, said: “We are delighted with these results but we most certainly do not intend to rest on our laurels. We have worked hard to grow our business in a number of key markets around the world over the last twelve months and we will continue those efforts as we go into 2014.”
In one of its strongest performances since Renesys first started compiling the closely watched wholesale rankings, NTT Com scooped an unprecedented number of top slots.
In Asia, the company reinforced its indisputable position as the leading provider of wholesale IP services, again topping the ranking while in North America, the provider ranked third (up from eighth at the end of 2012) and in Europe, sixth (up from ninth a year before). The company was the only provider to command a top-six ranking in all three strategically crucial regions. A report on the Renesys rankings, published by Capacity Magazine in its Wholesale World 2014 yearbook, indicates that in Europe “NTT Com experienced another strong year” while in North America the company, ranked third, is “closing the gap” on the second place provider.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV