Advancing its leadership in the natural gas truck markets, Peterbilt now offers compressed natural gas configurations for its two newest vehicles – the on-highway Model 579 and the vocational Model 567. Both vehicles will be available with the Cummins-Westport ISX12 G, Peterbilt Motors Company announced during the Mid-America Trucking Show.
“Peterbilt leads the heavy duty commercial vehicle industry with the broadest range of natural gas engine and fuel system offerings,” said Peterbilt General Manager and PACCAR Vice President Darrin Siver. “Adding our two new landmark vehicles – the Model 579 and Model 567 – to this portfolio will provide our natural gas customers with the industry’s most innovative, advanced vehicles with new state-of-the-art CNG systems.”
Peterbilt showcased a CNG version of its Model 579 in its exhibit at the Mid-America Trucking Show. The vehicle was equipped with Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies’(NASDAQ: QTWW) back-of-cab storage system.
Both vehicles comply with all EPA 2013 and CARB emissions regulations and will be available with the following ratings:
- 320 hp @ 1,150 lb.-ft.
- 330 hp @ 1,250 lb.-ft., 1,350 lb.-ft. and 1,450 lb.ft.
- 350 hp @ 1,350 lb.-ft. and 1,450 lb.-ft.
- 385 hp @ 1,350 lb.-ft.
- 400 hp @ 1,450 lb.-ft.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV