KFC China is also enhancing its marketing communications to convey exciting news to consumers. For the first time, the Company leveraged two popular Chinese celebrities – Chen Kun and Ke Zhendong – in a national campaign to promote Original Recipe ® and Extra Crispy ™ chicken by asking consumers to vote for their favorite product online. The campaign received a lot of positive buzz in social media with over 20 million votes. Original Recipe won the competition and will remain on the menu as a permanent item while Extra Crispy chicken will appear periodically as a limited time offer. In addition, the Company announced that four celebrities – Ke Zhendong plus Zhang Liang, Wu Mochou and Chen Xiao – will represent the new Sandwich, Rice, Snack and Drink/Dessert line of products. They will appear in national marketing initiatives to promote the new menu.
Yum! Brands will release first-quarter earnings on Tuesday, April 22, 2014, after market hours.
KFC was named the number one foreign brand in China in a 2013 report published by the BBC. The Company opened 428 new KFCs in China in 2013 and has nearly 4,600 KFCs in over 900 cities throughout the country, which is more than twice the size of its nearest competitor. KFC also has the largest home delivery business in China, with 70 percent of delivery orders being placed online.
Yum! Brands is the largest and fastest growing retail developer in China with more than 6,200 KFC, Pizza Hut Casual Dining, Pizza Hut Home Service, East Dawning and Little Sheep restaurants in over 900 cities. Yum! opened 740 new units in China in 2013 and expects to open at least 700 new units in 2014. The growth of the Company’s category-leading brands in China is driven by an experienced local management team, highly educated workforce, unmatched real estate and development team, country-wide distribution system, best-in-class operations and dedication to innovation and product quality.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV