The rugged workhorse Model 567 is now more versatile than ever with several new product enhancements, including expanded PTO functionality when paired with the PACCAR MX-13 Engine, Peterbilt Motors Company announced during the Mid-America Trucking Show.
“The durable Model 567 is one of the industry’s most flexible vocational trucks with a wide range of spec options to meet the full array of customer demands,” said Robert Woodall, Peterbilt Director of Sales and Marketing. “We continue to enhance this product with new features and options that provide greater versatility and performance.”
Expanded PTO Functionality
Model 567’s equipped with the PACCAR MX-13 Engine and PTO capabilities will feature several improvements, particularly appealing for applications where extended PTO operation is required, such as refuse, oilfield and construction work.PTO options are compatible with the full range of the PACCAR MX-13 Engine’s horsepower and torque ratings. “This provides an optimized package for top performance and reliability,” said Landon Sproull, Peterbilt Chief Engineer. Among the new enhanced PTO features are:
- Regeneration of the diesel particulate filter (DPF) can take place during PTO operation;
- Shifting gears during mobile PTO operation does not limit torque output;
- PTO operation time can be logged for reporting purposes;
- Capability to activate external notification of impending DPF regeneration; and
- Remote throttle while in PTO mode.