NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Twitter (TWTR) is moving to look more like Facebook (FB) in the photo sharing world. The social media company announced that it will now give users the option of photo tagging, one of two new photo features that are a part of its updated mobile app, launched on Wednesday.
In order to make photos more social, users can tag up to 10 people per picture, which doesn't affect Twitter's notorious 140-character count per tweet. The company said in a blog post on Wednesday it wants to make photo sharing easier to connect with friends. Users who are tagged will get a notification, which can be adjusted in settings.
Twitter is also allowing users to include up to four photos per Tweet, with the series of photos automatically creating a collage. Users will need to download the updated Twitter app to their phones to get the features.The ability to upload multiple photos is starting to roll out today on the Apple (AAPL) iPhone. The new features will be available soon Google (GOOG) Android and on Twitter's Web site. --Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. Follow @LKulikowski
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV