Shares of Freeport-McMoRan were falling 1.2% to $31.36.
The miner's quarterly dividend is in line with its previous dividend. The dividend is payable on May 1 to all shareholder of record as of the close of business April 15. The ex-dividend date is April 10.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates FREEPORT-MCMORAN COP&GOLD as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate FREEPORT-MCMORAN COP&GOLD (FCX) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for FREEPORT-MCMORAN COP&GOLD is rather high; currently it is at 50.50%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.01% trails the industry average.
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, FCX has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 7.04% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has decreased by 4.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $743.00 million to $707.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FCX Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV