Morgan Stanley announced today that it received no objection from the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System to the Firm’s 2014 Capital Plan that was submitted to the Federal Reserve on January 6, 2014. This capital plan included a share repurchase of up to $1 billion of common stock beginning in the second quarter of 2014 through the end of the first quarter of 2015, as well as an increase in the Firm’s quarterly common stock dividend to $0.10 per share from the current $0.05 per share, beginning with the dividend expected to be declared in the second quarter of 2014.
James Gorman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Morgan Stanley, said, “As we continue the successful execution of our strategic agenda, we are pleased to be able to increase the return of capital to shareholders. Today’s actions are another important step in our multi-year plan for the Firm.”
Share repurchases under the Firm’s existing authorized program will be exercised from time to time through March 31, 2015, at prices Morgan Stanley deems appropriate subject to various factors, including its capital position and market conditions. The share repurchases may be effected through open market purchases or privately negotiated transactions, including through Rule 10b5-1 plans, and may be suspended at any time. Morgan Stanley’s Board of Directors intends to increase the quarterly common stock dividend to $0.10 per share, with the dividend payable in the second quarter of 2014.
Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. For further information about Morgan Stanley, please visit www.morganstanley.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV