NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Chesapeake Energy (CHK) was falling 1.4% to $24.89 Wednesday on news that its Sahara natural gas field in Oklahoma is producing less than expected, threatening $880 million loans and notes from Barclays.
According to Bloomberg, output from Chespeake's well in the Sahara field was 12% below what the company projected in the six months ending February 2014. Because of the smaller-than-expected output the production coverage ratio of the company's Glenn Pool Oil & Gas Trust five-year loan and 10-year notes fell to 1.18 from 1.29.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 28.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,053.00 million or 20.61% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.37%.
- CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.68 versus -$1.62 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.82 versus $0.68).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 138.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $300.00 million to -$116.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.29%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -2.55% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CHK Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV