On 3/28/14, Huntington Bancshares, Inc's 8.50% Series A Non-Cumulative Perpetual Convertible Preferred Stock (HBANP) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $21.25, payable on 4/15/14. As a percentage of HBANP's recent share price of $1290.00, this dividend works out to approximately 1.65%, so look for shares of HBANP to trade 1.65% lower — all else being equal — when HBANP shares open for trading on 3/28/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 6.59%, which compares to an average yield of 5.70% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, HBANP was trading at a 29.00% premium to its liquidation preference amount. It should be noted that the preferred shares are convertible, with a conversion ratio of 83.668. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of HBANP shares, versus HBAN:
Below is a dividend history chart for HBANP, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $21.25 on Huntington Bancshares, Inc's 8.50% Series A Non-Cumulative Perpetual Convertible Preferred Stock :
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Huntington Bancshares, Inc (HBAN) makes up 4.11% of the PowerShares KBW Bank Portfolio ETF (KBWB) which is trading lower by about 0.3% on the day Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV