Shares of the nano-cap climbed 14.7% to $1.09 by early afternoon, lower than a peak of $1.30 achieved earlier in the day.
Trading volume of 7.5 million shares was more than 12 times its three-month daily average.
Earlier, the Fremont, Calif.-based security tech developer announced that CEO Jason Hart would participate in a thought leaders panel discussion at Mountain Partners' Entrepreneurs Day in Germany. The event will take place over two days from March 27."The emerging market of delivering trust to the Internet of Things will continue to become more crucial as the growing number of everyday items are subjected to the duality of the physical and digital worlds," said Hart in a statement. "We at Identiv are building a trust platform that is sustainable for the future of the digital revolution," he added. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates IDENTIVE GROUP INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate IDENTIVE GROUP INC (INVE) a SELL. This is driven by a few notable weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been unimpressive growth in net income over time." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1781.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.18 million to -$2.98 million.
- This stock's share value has moved by only 33.86% over the past year. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, IDENTIVE GROUP INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- IDENTIVE GROUP INC's earnings have gone downhill when comparing its most recently reported quarter with the same quarter a year earlier. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, IDENTIVE GROUP INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.36 versus -$0.84 in the prior year.
- INVE, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 2.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 25.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: INVE Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV