ConMet PreSet Plus™ wheel hubs are now standard on Kenworth’s lineup of Class 8 over-the-road trucks.
“Kenworth customers will receive better performance and easier general maintenance with ConMet PreSet Plus hubs, which help to further enhance the reliability and serviceability of vehicle wheel ends,” said Kurt Swihart, Kenworth marketing director.
The hubs feature a fully integrated spindle nut combined with an optimized bearing spacer, which retains wheel-end clamp load better than before. PreSet Plus™ hubs also include ConMet Premium Bearings and a magnetic fill plug on rear axles as standard. Bearing adjustments are eliminated since PreSet Plus hubs are completely assembled before installation.
ConMet PreSet Plus hub assemblies are designed for both steer (22,000 lbs. or less) and drive axles (26,000 lbs. or less), for disc and drum brakes. “A choice of iron or aluminum – for weight conscious customers – is available,” said Swihart. “By spec’ing aluminum, customers can save more than 20 pounds on each hub.”For more information, contact your Kenworth dealer or visit www.ConMet.com. ConMet, a major Class 8 truck supplier, is a subsidiary of AMSTED Industries, one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers, specializing in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction/building, and general industrial markets. Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World’s Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth’s Internet home page is at www.kenworth.com. Kenworth is a PACCAR company. (NASDAQ:PCAR)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV