TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said what he read in Greenberg tells him that lower prices could have a very negative impact on shares of Micron (MU), He said the stock is a favorite among hedge funds.
That's why he cautioned investors about buying the stock -- it has appreciated over 125% in the past year.
Cramer also pointed out the recent weakness in the market was initially led lower by Twitter (TWTR). Shares are finally moving higher Thursday -- they were recently up over 4% to $46 -- and could result in a "turn day" for the overall market, he concluded.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV