announced today several promotions in its Sales & Marketing, Legal, Technology & Product, Government Affairs and Procurement departments.
Comcast Cable is pleased to recognize the following promotions:
Sales & Marketing
- Eileen Diskin has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Marketing Communications, Sales and Marketing. She is responsible for the national advertising development and strategy for Comcast’s cable service offerings, including acquisition, competitive, multicultural, sports and communications campaigns as well as overseeing customer experience messaging.
- Kavita Vazirani has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Media Strategy and Sciences. She is responsible for driving end-to-end marketing and media strategies across paid and owned media. In addition to managing a multi-million dollar media portfolio, she will be driving transformation around Marketing Mix Modeling to enable data-driven decision making, as well as overseeing advanced advertising programs.
Technology & Product
- Sarah Gitchell has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel and Chief Counsel, Content Acquisition. She leads a legal team that supports Comcast Cable’s content licensing arrangements, including retransmission consent agreements with broadcast stations, affiliation agreements with satellite-delivered cable services, and a wide range of new media deals supplying content for strategic multi-platform initiatives.
- Jeff Smith has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, General Operations. He leads the legal team, providing counsel for packaging and pricing, marketing, procurement, commercial business services, new products, customer service and real estate.
- Adrian O’Leary has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Test & Quality Assurance. With responsibility for end-to-end testing operations for the National Engineering and Technical Operations’ (NE&TO) video, voice, data, cross platform and back office projects, he leads quality initiatives across the technology organizations.
- Jason Press has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Software Engineering & Operations. In this role, he is responsible for leading the consumer software applications development and operations in the Technology & Product group, including the X1 Entertainment Operating System, mobile and web experiences, IP video platform and Cloud TV.
- John Gibbs has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Government Affairs. In this capacity, he oversees Comcast's state-level government affairs across the country, including the formation of legislative strategies and policy initiatives. He also oversees all state government affairs for NBCUniversal and coordinates the Executive Committee of our Internet Essentials program.
About Comcast Cable:
- Jeur Abeln has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Procurement. He leads the development and execution of the company’s procurement strategy for customer premise equipment, professional services and billing systems, with a focus on high-performance supplier relationships that drive product innovation, speed to market and cost efficiencies.
- Jennifer Yohe Wagner has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Procurement. She leads negotiations for Comcast’s infrastructure technology, including network hardware, software, telecom and supplier diversity efforts.
Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company. Visit
for more information.