AOL (AOL) Marked As A Barbarian At The Gate
- AOL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.4 million.
- AOL has traded 1.5 million shares today.
- AOL traded in a range 220% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.00.
- AOL traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 40 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 40 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AOL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AOL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AOL: AOL Inc. provides various digital brands, products and services to consumers, advertisers, publishers and subscribers worldwide. AOL has a PE ratio of 38.0. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate AOL a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for AOL has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. AOL has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 8% with 4.41 days to cover. Shares are down 9.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AOL as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 26.23% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AOL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Although AOL's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.05 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.27, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $90.00 million or 17.34% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AOL INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 12.00%.
- You can view the full AOL Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV