NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Fuwei Films (FFHL) continued its rise Wednesday after the company announced Tuesday that a bidder had successfully reached an agreement to acquire 52.9% of the company's outstanding shares at approximately $2.40 a share.
The Weifang State-owned Assets Operation Administration Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Weifang State-owned Asset Management and Supervision Committee, is the controlling shareholder in Fuwei Films and had sought to sell the 52.9% share. The press release stated more information on the bidder would come in a separate announcement.
The stock soared more than 35% to a high of $2.24 as of 11:15 a.m. on Wednesday. More than 2 million shares had changed hands, well above its average volume of 61,159.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV