IRVING, Texas, March 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- BT and Dolby Laboratories today announced the latest updates to BT ® MeetMe with Dolby ® Voice™, an audio conferencing service enhanced by the Dolby application that makes conference calls sound and feel like in-person meetings.
BT MeetMe with Dolby Voice combines Dolby's nearly 50 years of expertise in core signal processing and human psychoacoustic perception with BT's world-class communications capabilities to improve the way people communicate at work, enhance business productivity and reduce the cost of conferencing.
The companies announced two updates today:
- The new Dolby Voice Conference Phone , an innovative device that will dramatically improve meetings, providing great sound quality and capabilities that bridge the gap between in-room and remote participants so that all meeting participants can contribute equally (the phone will be available later this year); and
- The BT MeetMe with Dolby Voice mobile app, which will provide access to the service remotely (customer trials of the mobile app begin in April).
Andrew Border, vice president, Dolby Communications Division, said: "The Dolby Voice Conference Phone gives workers a full picture of what is happening on a conference call. Everyone knows who is speaking and understands what is being said."BT is announcing the availability of the BT MeetMe with Dolby Voice mobile app for both the iPhone ® and Android™ platforms. The app provides workers with a superior conference call experience from a mobile device and a simple, cost-effective way for businesses to support workers who connect to calls remotely. The app makes meetings easy to start and join: conference participants simply tap in from the mobile app. There's no need for participants to find the phone number or have to compromise on ease of access when dialling-in from a mobile phone. Howard Dickel, CEO, BT Conferencing, said: "The BT MeetMe with Dolby Voice mobile app strengthens our audio conferencing proposition and reinforces the key advantages our product offers in the marketplace. BT MeetMe with Dolby Voice offers what we believe to be the best mobile experience and makes it more cost-effective for organizations to support mobile workers." "Later in the year, we will be launching the BT MeetMe Dolby Voice Conference Phone, which will complete our line up, providing our customers with what we are confident is the best audio conferencing experience at anytime, anywhere." BT MeetMe with Dolby Voice makes conference call participants feel as if they are in the same room, enabling them to focus on the content of the conversation, without the limitations of standard conference call technology. Decisions are made, innovation increases and distributed teams collaborate more effectively. According to industry analysts, this service has the potential to transform the marketplace for business conferencing:
- "BT and Dolby are addressing the pent-up demand for a better, more efficient and cost-effective way for workers to collaborate and achieve results faster."-- Andy Nilssen, Senior Analyst and Partner, Wainhouse Research
- "It's really incredible and I think quite frankly it's going to change the way our industry works."-- Jim Burton, Founder and CEO, CT Link
- "We have experienced spectacular quality using BT MeetMe with Dolby Voice. We wish all our conference calls could have such a high-quality productive experience."-- Roopam Jain, Industry Director, Frost & Sullivan
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV