Update (4:20 p.m.): Updated with Wednesday market close information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- King Digital Entertainment (KING), maker of the popular mobile game Candy Crush Saga, dropped to a low of $18.90 in its debut on Wednesday after the company's initial public offering.
King priced its IPO at $22.50, the midpoint of its range, and sold 22.2 million shares to raise slightly less than $500 million. This values the company at slightly more than $7 billion.
The stock closed down 15.56% to $19.King has drawn comparisons to Zynga (ZNGA), which created the once wildly popular game Farmville. Zynga had its IPO in 2011 with a $7 billion valuation, or $10 per share. The stock peaked at $14.69 per share in Feb. 2012 and has generally declined since then. It currently trades around $5.80 a share, a more-than 40% decline from its stock market debut. Candy Crush had 97 million daily active users and more than 1 billion daily game plays in February. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV