NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Casino games developer International Game Technology (IGT) is plunging on Wednesday after management cut previously-issued earnings guidance and warned of a workforce reduction.
By midmorning, shares had slid 7.3% to $13.76.
The Las Vegas-based business cut its fiscal 2014 earnings to $1 to $1.10 a share from a previous range of $1.28 to $1.38 a share.
For its second quarter ending March, management expects net income between 17 cents and 19 cents a share.IGT also said it would reduce its 5,000-strong workforce by 7%, assuming around 350 layoffs, which would provide cost savings of $50 million on an annual run-rate basis. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates INTL GAME TECHNOLOGY as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate INTL GAME TECHNOLOGY (IGT) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: IGT Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV