In the three months since I unveiled this equal-weighted "anti-value" portfolio, the group -- which includes Amazon
Salesforce.com (CRM)CRM and Twitter (TWTR)TWTR-- is down 3.6%. Meanwhile, despite a choppy ride, the S&P 500 is up 2.6%, and the Nasdaq Composite has risen 3.2%.
Salesforce.com (+7%), and Facebook (+18%) are the only stocks in positive territory during that period.
While three months is but a day to some investors, including yours truly, the point of this exercise is to track the path of the most exciting, well-covered, cult-like, priced-for-perfection stocks in the market today. These are the companies that are creating a buzz among investors and getting loads of press coverage.
At the time of publication, the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @JonMHellerCFA This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV