NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lindsay Corp. (LNN), a leading provider of irrigation systems and infrastructure products, announced results for its second quarter ended February 28, 2014, before today's market open.
The company said second quarter fiscal 2014 revenues were $152.8 million, versus $175.5 million of revenues in the same prior year period. Net earnings were $13.5 million or $1.04 per diluted share compared with $19.4 million or $1.50 per diluted share in the prior year.
Total irrigation equipment revenues decreased 16% to $135.9 million from $162.7 million in the prior fiscal year's second quarter primarily due to lower crop prices. U.S. irrigation revenues of $92.8 million declined 21% while international irrigation revenues of $43.1 million decreased 5%.
Infrastructure revenues increased 32% to $16.9 million with increases in all of its product lines.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates LINDSAY CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate LINDSAY CORP (LNN) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 17.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- LNN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.66, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, LINDSAY CORP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- LINDSAY CORP's earnings per share declined by 31.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LINDSAY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.47 versus $3.38 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 21.2% in earnings ($4.31 versus $5.47).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: LNN Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.